Tuesday, February 16, 2010

“Who’ll Wash All The Vehicles?” And Other Tongues Of The Slips

“Call the fridge, I’m just coming.” Slappy to me as we head for the elevator one morning.

“Call the fridge, I’ll just lock up.” Me to Slappy, shortly afterwards.

“Oh my God, I got a legal ogle!!!” Windows flashes an ‘Illegal Operation’ sign on Legal Ogle’s screen. The one that started it all, and led to her nickname.

“Who’ll wash all the vehicles?” Me to the SIMC gang in Pune after a night of drinking at my place, on noticing the kitchen sink full of dirty utensils.

“If you want to know what’s happening in my life, you should just see Facebook.” Me to Slappy. I’m still apologising.

“All these clients just love chapstick humour.” LooksGayButClaimsHeIsn’t to me during a brainstorming session.

“Hold your booby with your hand!” Slappy to me one night while trying to draw a mehendi tattoo on my arm.

I love the glasses!” Me to Slappy. She’d said, “I love you,” I hadn’t heard, and was busy admiring the brandy glasses. On our anniversary.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails