Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Lost In Sydney

Lost In Sydney
31st January 2006

Two crazy, lovely days in Sydney.

Lovely because of the usual touristy stuff. It's a new place - clean, crisp, good-looking city.

Every part of Sydney has a different flavour. There's the quaint, old-world area around the waterfront called The Rocks. It's right in sight of the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge.

Then there's King's Cross, the local red light area. Full of adult shops, strip clubs, and the like thereof. It's an area we simply have to explore.

The list of places could go on forever...but let's move on.

The people are lovely. Ithink every Aussie is competing with every other to win the Friendliest Person In The World Award.

Oh, ayand ees there enything to saay about the accent, mate?

The food is fantastic. For a carnivore like me, at least. Chicken, turkey, beef...tried all, loved all.

And what does one say about the beer? There's so many. We've tried to try as many as we could on day one itself. So far we've gone through Lowenbrau (the current favourite), Stella Artois, Carlton, Cooper's, Guiness Draught, Victoria Bitter, Toohey's New...and we've got Guiness Stout in the fridge.

And it's hit me yet again that if I don't swim regularly, I'm gonna look pregnant by the time I return.

And, of course, Slappy and I had a beautiful flight alone together, as Scary flew business class.

Now for the crazy parts.

First, Scary had a scarier time getting to the airport. Dropped her phone into water. Running late, she forgot her ticket and turned back just short of the airport. Then, to top it all off, her cab caught fire. Seeing her run of disasters, I told her not to get on to the flight.

Well, she did. And I reached Sydney, with just one bag. When I'd checked in two. The one that was lost had - umm, er - EVERYTHING!

So I went through 24 hours of stress. Bought some socks and undies. Used the film company's t-shirts, airlines t-shirts, and even shaved with a razor for the first time. And I'm converted.

Well, the bag reached me last evening. And I breathed a sigh of relief...but that was short-lived. Because Slappy lost her camera - left it in the cab.

Well, the cab company found the cabbie, so we should get the camera today sometime.

We began the shoot with a disagreement with Client Lady, who's actually the Regional Business Director from the agency, over something absolutely trivial. Which has since been sorted out.

Well, I'm at the shoot, we're about to get rolling. I will be updating soon enough, do check back every couple of days.

Until then, g'day mate!

P.S.: Found Slappy's camera. Our driver, Surfer, has gone off to pick it up. Wonder who and where the next disaster will strike...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails